Many people do want to was their hardwood floors on occasion. Lots of water is never good for hardwood floors. But, you can use a damp mop. More so, if you want to use a little cleaning agent to make them shine- you can. Oil soaps are terrible. Don't use them. In fact, we recommend using a natural and "green" way to clean.
If you want to add a little shine to your hardwood floors- try this mixture the next time you clean. And, again, don't overuse water or this method:
- First, get a bucket of clean, plain water
- Add 1/2 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm/hot water
- Add in two drops of orange essential oil to the water and vinegar mixture.
- Use one microfiber cloth per room to wipe the floor down.
- Once you mix the vinegar and oil with the water soak the microfiber cloth inthe liquid and ring it out.
- Get on your hands and knees and wipe the floordown.
- You should change the cloth each time you enter a new room.
Some people like using a mop for this mixture. Although the mop method probably does work, we suggest going with the old-fashion method of wiping the floors down while on your hands and knees. This allows you to reallymonitor the moisture level and microfibers will not damage your floors-unlike some mops that will.